View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 02:59 UTC

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Star Citizen 

What are our main activities in Star Citizen?
Bounty Hunting 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Engineering 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Exploration 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Freelancing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Infiltration 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Piracy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Resource collection 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Scouting 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Security 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Smuggeling 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Socializing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Trading 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Transport 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Star Citizen 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xfire ID: 110576
Post Star Citizen
Note: This is a lengthy post!
Some of you might have heard about Star Citizen, the first fully crowd funded Space Sim. Within a couple of MONTHS they reached over 15 million $ This shows that there IS a lot of interest for space games, just not ST ones haha.
The game features solo and multi player ships which you can walk in, modify, overclock systems, just a lot you can do in the ships. The ship is your 'character' in RPG terms, not the player that controls it, you control the player but he is just the means to an end. The game runs in CryEngine 3 and looks amazing so far :D

Economy:
It has a dynamic economy with factories on planets, they need supplies for production which generate quests, based on the results of those quests the economy will change.
Example:
Spoiler:
A weapon factory has a quest for 15 tons of explosives, you accept and safely bring the supplies to the factory. This results in more weapons for everyone to use, increasing the chance of enemy attacks (also done by players :D) So when this factory needs supplies again, and the ship that has the quest is raided, a new quest will be created, saying that the factory has a pirate problem. This raises the demand/price because the factory cant produce stuff.
(The list of dynamics go on and on but I'll leave it at this)

The ships
Solo and multiplayer ships, different classes. There are even clan ships featuring giant hangars giving room for over 32 people! Ships have hardpoints for modules, boosts, weapons etc., just like an RPG. The ship uses a series of 'pipes', each module (changeable or not) draws stuff it needs from the relevant pipes.
Damaging a ship might not only damage modules, but also pipes!
Each space system has a danger rating (for now from 1 to 5). You need to (dont have to!) insure your ship with a package ingame, which costs a little bit of ingame money, depending on the rating. For example if you have a level 3 insurance and you die in a level <= 3 area, your ship will be refunded, depending on the type of insurance you might even get modules and cargo back.
But when you are in a > 3 area and you die, the insurance will only pay a little bit and your ship is lost!
Also each hangar is unique! That means that ship X on planet A will not be accessible on a hanger on planet B.

The game is crowd funded which means you can pledge for packages. The more you pledge, the more stuff you get.
With the Digital Mercenary package (32€) you get Alpha and Beta access, as well as a solo ship, it is the cheapest to get early access.

My idea was that we clan fund our own clan ship, like we did with the hosting. When the game releases you can of course buy them ingame, but with pledging you get them early on without having to grind ;)
Unfortunately the biggest ships have been locked out, to preserve game balance.
One of the big ships is a 10 crew beauty, the IDRIS:
Spoiler:

The biggest ship you can purchase is the 4 crew RSI Constellation MX3:

4 crew (Player or AI) 3 on bridge and one in main turret, or 2 on bridge and one in short range fighter ship.
Spoiler:
Earlier images showing the fighter:

Only 4 people I know and it costs a whopping 180€ but it is a great start to play as a clan together and work towards a big clan ship.

More information and pledge for yourself at https://robertsspaceindustries.com

Fri Aug 09, 2013 20:07 UTC
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xfire ID: laireland
Post Re: Star Citizen
im following it a bit since warspite made a post about it. its truly amazing so far. cant wait to join with you all :D but we shouldnt let it fly by eirieieieieiei ...he will scratch the hull every time :P

Fri Aug 09, 2013 22:14 UTC
Captain
Captain

Xfire ID: ghz5
I've been giving it a glance every now and then and I must say the art work and concept of this game is quite impressive. I'm looking forward to see what it develops into, who knows this could be the space game we've really all be waiting for. It might not be Star Trek but I think this might be the game that we can all enjoy as a clan like we once did with BC.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 19:49 UTC
Honourary Member
Honourary Member

To be honest I haven't been following Star Citizen for awhile as my attention has turned to Elite Dangerous the fourth game in the Franchise. Another space sim where you can trade, bounty hunt etc etc, The game is a sand box in nature but will have story driven missions etc. The economy is also evolving with game play being both single player and multiplayer.

The game is due out in Spring next year and you can find the web site/ forums here: http://elite.frontier.co.uk/

This sequel has been waited on for 10 years so there is high expectations. Following on from its initial release next spring add ons will be included to allow for planetary landings and walking around your ship space stations etc.

So in short soon we will be spoilt for choice for space sims (about time :D )

Fri Aug 16, 2013 20:54 UTC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

These to games look really nice but i think ill be a Star Citizen

Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:56 UTC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

All about organizations!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... anizations
or corporation, PMC, syndicate etc...

Sat Dec 07, 2013 09:58 UTC
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/LIBARMADA
Our organization for within the game, I'm updating the poll with main activities people can identify us with.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 UTC
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]